Updated: Jun 3, 2022
Did you know that an estimated four out of five adults will experience lower back pain at some point in their lives? Let's take a look at why this is so!
Why You Should Look Out For These Lower Back Pain Causes
Complaints of lower back pain have also increased by 54% in the past three decades, with 85% of Malaysians reporting that they have suffered some kind of pain in 2020. A startling 32% of Malaysians admit to feeling pain on a weekly basis, with 74% believing their pain impacts their emotions. Coupled with the fact that we as a nation are prone to ignoring chronic pain - with 80% admitting to powering through daily tasks despite pain, the outlook is indeed worrying.
What Are Some Lower Back Pain Causes?
Lower back pain causes are all around us! This is especially true if you live an active lifestyle filled with exercise and movement; with strenuous activity and sports, there’s a very high possibility that you may suffer an injury and experience lower back pain. Causes include, but are not limited to:
● Strains and stress related to your job; especially true if your job requires you to carry heavy loads all the time.
● Carrying bags that are too heavy throughout the day.
● Performing overly strenuous workouts without proper training and stretching prior.
● Bad posture when using the computer; especially true if you have a desk job that requires you sit in front of a computer for hours.
● Slouching; sitting in a slouched or hunched position can place pressure on your spinal discs, and in time lead to back pain.
● Aging; your spinal discs deteriorate with age, and this can result in a herniated disc which leads to pain.
● Accidental twisting of the body and back whilst lifting heavy objects.
● Wearing uncomfortable shoes such as high heels for long periods of time.
● Motor-related accidents; make sure to see a physician if you’ve been involved in an accident that results in pain.
Read more: How To Prevent Lower Back Pain